- All apps available at this website and at other app stores that do not have a sign-on feature (username and password) will not collect any personal data.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Note 1: Blast Off to Reading and Blast Off to Learning Press are registered in New York State as "assumed names" under the parent company Reading Specialists of Long Island, LCC (RSLI) in accordance with Section 130 of the General Business Law . This document uses the legal business name, Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC, and is applicable to the assumed names Blast Off to Reading and Blast Off to Learning Press.
Note 2: The term "website" or "websites" applies to all HTML and HTML5 websites owned by RSLI, which includes: blastofftolearingpress.com, yourkidcanread.com, blastofftoreading.com, and icanflyreadingprogram.com.
By accessing any website owned by Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing the websites owned by RSLI. The materials contained in all RSLI websites are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Software Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the
software on Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's website for personal,
non-commercial transitory use. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
Purchase of any single physical book from Reading Specialists of Long
Island, LLC does not come with lifetime, unrestricted access to the book's online apps. Books are meant to be consumable,
and thus apps that are advertised to accompany said program may be limited to a reasonable amount of time.
All online HTML5 websites (web apps), owned by Reading Specialists of Long Island,
accompany a purchased book are only licensed to that single book, and are
only to be downloaded and used in conjunction with a single purchased book.
Distributing or sharing access codes from a single purchased
book for use of the software is prohibited.
- All materials, whether they be physical or electronic, shall not be
reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or
mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information
storage or retrieval system as per federal copyright law.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy or delete any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's web site and web apps are provided "as is". Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC does not guarantee that any and all electronic functions will operate on customers' devices. Said customer should validate operation independently of Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC.
In no event shall Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's Internet site, even if Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC or a Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's websites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet websites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.