Reading Specialists of Long Island
Tutor Referral Service for Nassau and Suffolk Counties
* Also remote tutoring! *
* Blast Off to Learning Press is a subsidiary of Reading Specialists of Long Island, LLC *
Requesting a Tutor
Reading Specialists of Long Island (RSLI) has a
network of educators throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, as well as remote
teachers from other areas. We offer a free referral service to
connect you to a tutor.
Did you know that YOU can teach your dyslexic child to
Our programs require no training
and are scripted so that you will easily be guided through the process. We always encourage parents to work with their children using our Orton-Gillingham
based programs. We find that:
1) Parents can implement the program much quicker
than a tutor.
Studies have shown that the faster an OG program is done, the more effective it is.
2) You will learn what your child learns.
If you know what your child has learned, you will be able to help them when they get stuck on a sound or rule. You'll also know what they haven't
learned, so you will know what to expect from them.
*If you have an accent that is different from your child's, then
we recommend having someone else work with him or her.
If you are interested in working with your child try our easy to use programs!
Teaching Not For You?
No problem, fill out the form below and we'll do our
best to set you up with one of our awesome educators, or you
can view our network and
request who you think is best.
By requesting a tutor from RSLI, you acknowledge the following:
- RSLI is a company that provides parents and educators with affordable, easy to use resources to treat dyslexia. We do not tutor, test, or meet with students. We do, however, refer educators to parents who are seeking tutors for their children.
- We may or may not have a tutor available in your area. We will try to let you know as soon as we can. Note that we do not cover areas of NYC, such as Brooklyn and Queens. Remote teaching is available.
- RSLI does not guarantee the qualifications of the tutor that we recommend to
you. To qualify to be in our network, all teachers from New York must be NYS certified,
however, we do not verify this. We recommend that you look up the teacher's
qualifications in the NYSDOE website, click
here. If your tutor is not in New York State, you will have to confirm his or her credentials.
- The tutoring fee will be determined by your tutor. RSLI does not collect any money and we don't receive any from the tutor. We are providing a free referral service.
- RSLI does not guarantee that your tutor will use our reading programs and materials. If you would like to use our programs, please suggest this to your tutor.
- If you are not satisfied with your tutor, you may request another referral.
To request a tutor please fill in the form below.
Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Child's First Name
How many sessions per week
Location you prefer: Home
Please list the days and times you prefer.
Description of your child's difficulties.
If you would like to request a specific teacher from
our list, please enter the name.